Thursday, November 10, 2005

Manchester - Jimmy Webb

I am currently splitting my time between my flats in Edinburgh and Manchester with a view to moving down to the North West at some point after Christmas. At the moment I am working on a number of freelance web/graphics and interface design projects on my wife's laptop on the kitchen table. About 12.30 each day I nip out to Deansgate to get my lunch and to get rained on Manchester rainfall. On the plus side Manchester is much better served for gigs than Edinburgh, in fact I am going to see the legendary Jimmy Webb in concert at the Bridgewater Hall (***moved to Manchester Academy) tonight so to commemorate, here is a list of favourite Jimmy Webb tunes and productions.

  1. The Fifth Dimension - The Magic Garden (Album)
  2. Thelma Houston - Sunshower (Album)
  3. Richard Harris - A Tramp Shinning (Album)
  4. Jimmy Webb - The Highway Man
  5. Judy Collins - The Moons a Harsh Mistress
  6. Glen Campbell - By the Time I Get To Phoenix
  7. Jimmy Webb - Where the Universes Are
  8. Glen Campbell - Galveston
  9. Scott Walker - If Ships Were Made to Sail
  10. Jimmy Webb - Crying in My Sleep

No comments: