Thursday, June 04, 2009

Radio Show

I have really been enjoying my recent life as a DJ on ALL FM (a community radio station broadcasting to south, east and central Manchester). Thanks to my mate Ade, who's show it is really, I seem to have landed a bi-monthly gig as his hapless DJ sidekick. Ade and and I get to chat late into the night (occaisonal Mondays 23.00 - 1am, as part of http://www.exr.org.uk/about/) about obscure Jazz and improvised music, with a bit of Latin, Electronica, Prog and Post Rock thrown in for good measure, plus a little bit of promoting gigs and unsigned artists from the Manchester area.

My bits of a typical set list may include; John Martyn, Alice Coltrane, Trio of Doom, Return to Forever, The Crusaders, Murcof, Do Make Say Think, King Crimson, Tim Buckley, Art Blakey, Sun Ra, Albert Ayler, Fourtet ...

No comments: