Monday, April 26, 2010

EXR Radio Show 19th April

Another enjoyable radio show fades into the crackling ether of broadcast history. The dust has now settled on another Ade and Pete EXR Jazz show - flying by the seat of our pants as usual. This was my first show after a seven month break (becoming a dad, changing jobs - that kind of thing) and my first since receiving my training from Jason at AllFM on how to drive the DJ desk. Anyway this is the kind of thing that Ade and I played – in no particular order – with lots of stuff missed out. The show on the 19th had an underlying funk theme …

Frank Zappa – Peaches En Regalia
The Beginning of the End - Funky Nassau
JBs - Pass the Peas
Traffic - Glad
Pigbag – Sunny Day
Blackbyrds – Rock Creek Park
Arthur Russell – Make 1, 2
The New Mastersounds - Return To Gijón
Konono #1 – Paradiso
Jimmy Gray Hall – Be That Way
Gary Atkinson – Wanderin’ Soul
Weather Report – Birdland (I think!)
The Shadows - Scotch On The Socks
Nik Bartsch – Modul 46 (I think!)
James Clarke - Blow Up A-Go-Go!
Balinha – Binario
Jean Jacques Perry - EVA

No comments: