Monday, January 10, 2011

The Quiet Storm


Call me an old softie, but even I sometimes tire of the many pleasures afforded by Mastadon's prog-metal facemelter 'Bladecatcher', occasionally I want a heartfelt soul-fix not available listening to The Prats' "Disco Pope"  and need to recharge my batteries. I particularly like some of the Philly and Chicago vocal groups of the 70's.
  1. The Delfonics – Didn’t I (Blow Your Mind this Time)
  2. Stylistics - Betcha By Golly Wow
  3. The Delfonics – La La Means I Love You
  4. Teddy Pendergrass – Love T.K.O
  5. The Chi-Lites – Oh Girl
  6. Jerry Butler – Never Gonna Give You Up
  7. The Dramatics – In The Rain
  8. Bloodstone -  Who has the Last Laugh Now
  9. Bobby Womack – If You Think You’re Lonely Now
  10. The Originals – Baby I’m for Real

No comments: